Turkey sends drill ship on first Med mission in two years
Turkey on Tuesday sent its newest drill ship on the first eastern Mediterranean energy exploration mission in nearly two years.
Read moreEverton sign Belgium's Onana from Lille
Everton have signed Belgium international Amadou Onana for an undisclosed fee from Lille, the Premier League club announced Tuesday.
Read moreWar, poverty, no internet: The trials of a C.Africa rapper
Clad in a fluorescent jumpsuit and high-top sneakers, Cool Fawa grabs the microphone and fires up the audience.
Read moreLowest July Antarctic sea ice on record: monitor
Last month saw the lowest extent of Antarctic sea ice on record for July, according to the European Union's satellite monitoring group.
Read moreFormer South African umpire Koertzen dies in car accident
Former South African umpire Rudi Koertzen, labelled the 'slow finger of death' by the media, has died in a car accident, a family member told AFP on Tuesday. He was 73.
Read moreFrance readies 'exceptional' rescue of beluga astray in Seine
French officials are moving ahead with a delicate plan to transport a beluga whale back to the ocean after it swam far up the Seine river toward Paris, putting its life in danger, a marine expert said Tuesday.
Read moreSpringboks recall 'massive' Vermeulen for All Blacks rematch
Veteran loose forward Duane Vermeulen will make his first appearance of the season for South Africa in a Rugby Championship second-round clash with New Zealand in Johannesburg on Saturday.
Read moreFrance bans Russians from chateau over Ukraine war
The French military has banned Russian nationals from visiting the Chateau de Vincennes, a mediaeval fortress and tourist attraction on the edge of Paris, due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, officials told AFP.
Read moreKeightley to stand down as England women's cricket coach
Lisa Keightley is to leave her role as coach of the England women's team at the end of the home season, the England and Wales Cricket Board announced on Tuesday.
Read moreUS lifts policy requiring asylum-seekers to wait in Mexico
The US Department of Homeland Security announced Monday night it will end a Trump-era policy requiring asylum-seekers to wait in Mexico while their applications play out in court.
Read moreIn The News