The Hong Kong Telegraph - Mbappe 'hasn't talked of leaving in January': PSG sporting director

Hong Kong -

IN THE NEWS

Mbappe 'hasn't talked of leaving in January': PSG sporting director
Mbappe 'hasn't talked of leaving in January': PSG sporting director / Photo: FRANCK FIFE - AFP

Mbappe 'hasn't talked of leaving in January': PSG sporting director

Kylian Mbappe has never expressed an interest in leaving Paris Saint-Germain in January, the club's sporting director Luis Campos said Tuesday, stepping into the swirl of rumours around the star striker.

Text size:

"I am with Kylian Mbappe every day, he has never talked to me about leaving in January," Campos told French TV station Canal Plus before the kick-off of the Champions League game against Benfica in Paris.

A win would put PSG three points clear at the top of the group with two rounds left to play.

The 23-year-old France striker turned down a move to Real Madrid in the summer and opted to stay in Paris, signing a lucrative contract extension with the French champions.

But so far this season his form has been erratic.

Campos dismissed suggestions that the player is unsettled.

"It's not a statement from the player, it's (from the press), and to have such information before a match like this is very serious. That's why I'm here, to deny and say clearly that Kylian Mbappe has never spoken to me or to the president (Nasser Al-Khelaifi) to leave PSG in January."

After PSG persuaded Mbappe to stay, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said the player was left "confused" after being put under intense "political and economic pressure".

高-I.Gāo--THT-士蔑報